Friday, July 31, 2009

Week 7 Reflections

I cannot believe it has been seven weeks of working with the latest webtools! My PLN has matured in such short time; I am reaping the benefits of having a network of the best and brightest educators at my fingertips!

This week I was asked if I would allow an undergraduate Child Development class to "drop in" on my classroom via Skype. I wish I had the bandwidth and resources! These are the days I wish I was in the 'big city'.

I set to work on gaining ideas and motivation for final projects. I surfed through the range of e-articles, blogs, webpages, and tweets trying to desipher where technology is going. Who could have predicted five years ago that Twitter would exist AND be considered as a viable tool in the classroom? Since I have been traveling, I have been reminded of how I always seem to be dumbfounded by the philosophy of technology at my latest school district. I decided that I needed to create technological pieces that fit into the teacher lifestyle.

... This week flew by...

and to think next week SCHOOL STARTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment